Drifting from "The Heart of Worship"

Somewhere in between the desire to serve and getting things done, ministry has become a to-do list and filing system. Singing praises has become a rehearsal date and an all day obligation come Sunday. With good intentions in tow I've drifted from the heart of worship feeling further from God. My worship has become a predictable offering and not a surrender.

Don't get me wrong, I am a worshiper by design and experience the presence of God (only by His grace) but I'm certain there's more of me He desires to get a hold of but it has to be by my submission not force. A check-list and full calendar of to-do's designated for "kingdom work" is no longer cutting it. I could be comfortable right where I am but there has to be more of me to give in spirit. There's more He's placed in me to redeem.

Clearly in order to deepen my worship with my life I have to make choices to surrender my life for His purpose. That's a no-brainer at this point in my walk. What I need to figure out is what else is there? 

So now I ask myself: What areas of my life am I holding from God? Does God get some and not all of me? Am I a control freak? Am I waiting in vain because there's something I ought to be praying for and working towards instead of using my faith-God-will-do-it crutch? I have to keep moving forward and step outside of the norm. This will take an increase in faith and courage. 


I want to give from the heart. Not out of impulse. It's not about me and my to-do list. It's about a relationship and I can't forget to commit my worship with my heart forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyonce, I Was Here, too!

Facebook Wastebook

Seriously, Mom? I love you!